CUSTOMIZING & EDITING
WEBSITE CUSTOMIZATION (OPTIONAL)
Website Customization (Optional)
Do You Really Need to Customize Your Theme? Sometimes you do not need to customize your theme at all. Bear in mind that website templates have pre-set colors, styles, and fonts. You can keep these design elements “as is” or change them to suit your brand better.
1. CUSTOMIZE Your WordPress WEBSITE
Customizing TITLE & TAGLINE
Your site title also can be customized — to do this, head to your admin dashboard. Under the “General”tab in “Settings”, add your website title and tagline. To Navigate:
- Login to your wordpress Website/Blog/Store: [www.myblogsitestore.com/login]
- On the left side, click “Settings,”
- Click “General“
- Edit “Site Title“
- Edit “Tagline“
Customizing PERMALINK Optimized for Search Engines
Creating custom permalinks in WordPress can give a boost to your search engine optimization, as well as being a valuable marketing tool. Custom permalink is basically a URL structure applied to a specific page in WordPress without affecting the rest of your URL structure. WordPress comes with an SEO Friendly URL structure which allows you to use an easy to understand URL structure for both humans and search engines.
You may want to revisit the “Permalinks” Setting specially if you are installing a “New Theme or Plugin” and click the “Save” again, just to make sure.
2. CUSTOMIZE Your WordPress THEME
Free and Premium WordPress themes can be customized by anyone using the tools in the WordPress admin dashboard. From here, users of all experience levels can easily customize features such as changing the header, fonts, and page layout.
Users with more design and development experience can work directly with WordPress source files and style sheets, accessible from the files section of the hosting dashboard.
or it can look like this:
How should you customize your website template?
Keep in mind that website templates have pre-set colors, styles, and fonts. You can keep these design elements as is, or change them to suit your brand better.
When it comes to design there are four key areas:
- Background. Change the color, texture, or image for the background of your site to fit your brand or your product offering.
- Colors. Choose a palette that works well with your template or create or replicate one that matches your brand color scheme.
- Fonts. Readability is paramount when it comes to fonts. Use larger headlines to grab attention and lead readers to smaller body text. When choosing fonts, make sure your choice creates the right image for your business. For example, a playful font would probably not be right for a law firm.
- Text Style. There are sizes, colors, and styles of text for different sections within your website template. You can modify things such as paragraph titles, menus, and page titles.
Congratulations! You have now done basic edits and customization to your blog. Let’s lean how to add some contents like Web Pages and Posts…
- How to Login to your Website
- Adding Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Customizing & Editing
- Adding CONTENT
- Setting up a BLOG
- Setting up a STORE (Optional)
- Instant (Premade) Content Sources
- Promoting & Driving Traffic
- Monetizing Your Website
This website contains affiliate links. The links may appear on different posts and pages on this site. We may receive compensation in the form of advertising fees or affiliate rewards on sales via the hypertext links to our vendor-partners. We do not markup any prices from any vendors. Thus, there is no additional charge on your part. We in fact, give exclusive bonuses to our customers. The best thing is that, your support in purchasing through these links enables us to keep tons of the site content for FREE; More premium Items at a Lower Price; and some prices of products from our affiliate vendor-partners are at a specially arranged discounted rates. Your support can also help us to cover the costs in operating and maintaining this website.
Documents and other contents posted on this site may also contain links to information created and maintained by Third-Parties. These links are provided solely for your convenience and for your information purposes only. This site is not endorsed by anyone or by any company. This is an independent site. All information (including prices, dates, times, availability) contained on this site are unofficial and subject to change without notice. Please see our FULL DISCLAIMER. Thank you and we appreciate your support!