What is Web Hosting?
Several Types of Web Hosting
Internet hosting services can run Web servers. The scope of web hosting services varies greatly.
Shared Web Hosting Service
- Most commonly used type of Web Hosting Service. This is used when you run a typical website, blog or online store.
- Most Business websites, bloggers, small to medium stores and majority of website owners use this type of hosting. We do! This website (Finantialz.com) use Shared Hosting from Greengeeks.
- One’s website is placed on the same server as many other sites, ranging from a few sites to hundreds of websites.
- Typically, all domains may share a common pool of server resources, such as RAM and the CPU. The features available with this type of service can be quite basic and not flexible in terms of software and updates.
Dedicated Hosting Service
- With Dedicated Hosting, the user gets his or her own Web server and gains full control over it (user has root access for Linux/administrator access for Windows); however, the user typically does not own the server.
- One type of dedicated hosting is self-managed or unmanaged. This is usually the least expensive for dedicated plans. The user has full administrative access to the server, which means the client is responsible for the security and maintenance of his own dedicated server.
- Dedicated Hosting is offered by LiquidWeb.
Virtual Dedicated Server
Also known as a Virtual Private Server (VPS)
- This type of Hosting divides server resources into virtual servers, where resources can be allocated in a way that does not directly reflect the underlying hardware.
- VPS will often be allocated resources based on a one server to many VPSs relationship, however virtualization may be done for a number of reasons, including the ability to move a VPS container between servers.
- The users may have root access to their own virtual space. Customers are sometimes responsible for patching and maintaining the server (unmanaged server) or the VPS provider may provide server admin tasks for the customer (managed server).
- Dedicated Hosting is offered by LiquidWeb.
Reseller Web Hosting
Allows clients to become web hosts themselves. Resellers could function, for individual domains, under any combination of these listed types of hosting, depending on who they are affiliated with as a reseller. Resellers’ accounts may vary tremendously in size: they may have their own virtual dedicated server to a co-located server. Many resellers provide a nearly identical service to their provider’s shared hosting plan and provide the technical support themselves.
Managed Hosting Service
The user gets his or her own Web server but is not allowed full control over it (user is denied root access for Linux/administrator access for Windows); however, they are allowed to manage their data via FTP or other remote management tools. The user is disallowed full control so that the provider can guarantee quality of service by not allowing the user to modify the server or potentially create configuration problems. The user typically does not own the server. The server is leased to the client.
Colocation Web Hosting Service
Similar to the dedicated web hosting service, but the user owns the colo server; the hosting company provides physical space that the server takes up and takes care of the server. This is the most powerful and expensive type of web hosting service. In most cases, the colocation provider may provide little to no support directly for their client’s machine, providing only the electrical, Internet access, and storage facilities for the server. In most cases for colo, the client would have his own administrator visit the data center on site to do any hardware upgrades or changes. Formerly, many colocation providers would accept any system configuration for hosting, even ones housed in desktop-style minitower cases, but most hosts now require rack mount enclosures and standard system configurations.
This is a new type of hosting platform that allows customers powerful, scalable and reliable hosting based on clustered load-balanced servers and utility billing. A cloud hosted website may be more reliable than alternatives since other computers in the cloud can compensate when a single piece of hardware goes down. Also, local power disruptions or even natural disasters are less problematic for cloud hosted sites, as cloud hosting is decentralized. Cloud hosting also allows providers to charge users only for resources consumed by the user, rather than a flat fee for the amount the user expects they will use, or a fixed cost upfront hardware investment. Alternatively, the lack of centralization may give users less control on where their data is located which could be a problem for users with data security or privacy concerns. Cloud hosting users can request additional resources on-demand such as only during periods of peak traffic, while offloading IT management to the cloud hosting service.
Having multiple servers hosting the same content for better resource utilization. Clustered servers are a perfect solution for high-availability dedicated hosting, or creating a scalable web hosting solution. A cluster may separate web serving from database hosting capability. (Usually web hosts use clustered hosting for their shared hosting plans, as there are multiple benefits to the mass managing of clients).
This form of distributed hosting is when a server cluster acts like a grid and is composed of multiple nodes.
Usually a single machine placed in a private residence can be used to host one or more web sites from a usually consumer-grade broadband connection. These can be purpose-built machines or more commonly old PCs. Some ISPs actively attempt to block home servers by disallowing incoming requests to TCP port 80 of the user’s connection and by refusing to provide static IP addresses. A common way to attain a reliable DNS host name is by creating an account with a dynamic DNS service. A dynamic DNS service will automatically change the IP address that a URL points to when the IP address changes.
Some Specific types of Hosting Provided by web Host Service Providers:
- File hosting service: hosts files, not web pages
- Image hosting service
- Video hosting service
- Blog hosting service
- Paste bin
- Shopping cart software
- E-mail hosting service
“The ENTRE Blueprint Took Him from Being $400K in Debt to Building A $40 Million Business & Completely Transformed his Life". How You Can Copy his whole system through this Step-By-Step Process Starting Today!
- How to Login to your Website
- Adding Lets Encrypt SSL Certificate
- Customizing & Editing
- Adding CONTENT
- Setting up a BLOG
- Setting up a STORE (Optional)
- Instant (Premade) Content Sources
- Promoting & Driving Traffic
- Monetizing Your Website
Recently Added Blogging Articles
A Car Review Website Blog Making $100,000 a Month. What is His Business Model & Marketing Strategies [Case Study]
This Car Review Website Blog has been generating $100,000 Monthly. Let’s find out his business model and advertising strategies. How you can replicate his success and probably add more streams of income to it. Learn to how to start and similar website in minutes for under $100.
Rags to Riches ‘Self-Made Millionaire Blogger’ Sold his Blog for $102.5 Million. How he Started and Earned Money from his Profitable Blog.
Learn from this ‘2 Timer College Dropout’ blogger who sucks at writing. How he started, built and grow to a Multi-million Dollar Monthly Blog & sold it for a whopping $102.5 Million. Learn how you can replicate his success.
Some notable bloggers are making between $40,000-$3.3 Million per Month. In general, Bloggers can earn from $0.00 (Zero) to $300,000.00 ($300K) Monthly. Results are not typical, implied or guaranteed. You need a right mentor to jumpstart your success…
If you’re running your own, it’s important to be updated with the latest trends so that you’re not missing out on any opportunities to increase your traffic and or maximize your revenue online.
How to Start a Profitable BLOG the Easiest & Fastest Way. The Best Method to Make Money Blogging at least $30K Per Month
Starting a Profitable Blog Blueprint that you need to follow to jumpstart your success online and Become a Millionaire fast. What you need to know…
This website contains affiliate links. The links may appear on different posts and pages on this site. We may receive compensations in the form of advertising fees or other financial rewards on qualifying purchases made through these Affiliate Links. We do not markup any prices from any vendors or company-providers. Thus, there is no additional charge on your part. The best thing is that, your support in purchasing through these links enables us to keep tons of the site information material contents for FREE; Your support can also help us to cover the costs in operating and maintaining this website.
Documents and other contents posted on this site may also contain links to information created and maintained by Third-Parties. These links are provided solely for your convenience and for your information purposes only. This site is not endorsed by anyone or by any company. This is an independent site. All information (including prices, dates, times, availability) contained on this site are unofficial and subject to change without notice. Please see our FULL DISCLAIMER. Thank you and we appreciate your support!.
Trading in the financial markets (including trading on margin) provides a wide range of opportunities and enables investors who are ready to take risks to make high profits. However, it carries a potentially high level of risk of loss at the same time. You should never invest money that you cannot afford to lose. Therefore, prior to trading and or investing, you should take into careful consideration whether such operations are suitable for you in terms of your level of knowledge and financial situation. Your due diligence and education on Trading & Investments is therefore highly recommended.